Translate

Thursday, November 6, 2014

Bistro at Seville...Get Your Nerdie Foodie Hind Ends There!!


     I hadn't been to the Bistro since it left the Brookside location years ago.  So glad my client suggested it!!!








     The food was amazing...but let me back up and start at the beginning.  I arrived late (sorry Katie!) but was seated immediately.  My guest was already seated.  Okay, I won't bore you with the same "chitter-chatter, food-blogger" boring stuff. Service was GREAT...Food was GREAT. Not over-priced, but rather priced right for the quality of service and flavor of the food, not to mention the presentation.

     We started with the Chokes and Cheese...only, sadly, I forgot to snap a pic. Okay, I didn't forget...this was my first time meeting with my client and it took me 15 minutes to feel comfortable enough to start the nerdy, foodie, food-snapping thing. But finally I did.

     Chokes and Cheese are rich cream cheese, artichoke hearts and Parmesan cheese served with seasoned toasted pita chips.  It's better than any artichoke dip I've had anywhere else...it wasn't too fatty, or greasy.  It's priced around $10.

     My guest Katie, ordered the Grilled Turkey and Avocado. I mean, seriously...who doesn't like avocado? That was a rhetorical question, everybody loves avocado and if you don't, I don't wanna know you, m'kay?
Grilled Turkey and Avocado  10
Shaved turkey, Swiss cheese, sweet pepper bacon, lettuce, tomato, avocado spread and cilantro aioli on wheat berry bread. Served with fresh garlic potato chips


     I ordered the amazing Jumbo Scallops. Wow...that's all I can say. It's served over creamed cous cous. Can you picture it? Well, I've got a picture below, but I meant can you picture me licking the bowl afterwards? Yeah, I wanted to...so, so bad.
Jumbo Scallops  24
Pan seared jumbo scallops served with a vegetable creamed cous cous lightly drizzled with a balsamic port reduction

     I actually talked Katie into trying the Baked Fudge. We shared it but I proud of the fact that we didn't finish it!! It was tough not to because it was one of the best desserts I've had in a long time. Baked creamy fudge served per the server's suggestion, with ice cream...mmm!!

Baked Fudge  6/6.5
Not quite a brownie. Not quite a fudge. Somewhere in between lies chocolatey heaven. With whipped cream or ice cream.

     
     A special thanks to my first time lunch guest Katie...who also happens to be...wait for it...a foodie!  

     I've seen some negative posts about this place and all I can say is what I always say...some people don't have good palates and some people are smokers, which causes you to have terrible palates. So, I say to you...just try it for yourself. Don't always take a review, including mine, to heart. If you don't want to try a place and shell out money for a pricey menu, my advice is to try it out for lunch because most restaurants have lunch portions and prices that are less than their dinner menu prices.

     I liked Bistro at Seville...a  lot. I say give it whirl. It's a great place to impress a client or a date.  Bon appetit you foodie freaks and eat on!

Bistro at Seville on Urbanspoon
     

No comments :

Post a Comment