Translate

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Bento Asian Diner...what a hidden gem!

By True Foodie Sound Bites

Keyword being "Asian".

What is does Bento mean? Glad you asked.  Bento is a single-portion takeout or home-packed meal common in Asian cuisine. A traditional bento consists of rice, fish or meat, and one or more pickled or cooked vegetables, usually in a box shaped container. Luckily, they serve it "dine-in" style too! They offer this info, plus photos, full menu and more on their website.





Seriously, the most friendly staff ever. They greet everyone with a big smile. They're so accommodating and make it known they not only appreciate the business, they're honestly happy to see you.




I ordered two different meals. The first off the Rice & Noodle section of the menu. It was the Pad Thai.

 Pad Thai
Rice noodles, egg, fried tofu, onion scallion, bean sprout, crushed peanut, key lime.



 


Then I ordered off the Entrees section, the Thai Curry Chicken. I had ordered the pork, but they made a mistake and brought me the chicken. I told them it was fine and the chef came out and personally apologized. He said that normally, the Thai Curry is best with chicken. Then, he brought me a dessert he had made, as an official peace offering for the error...it was on the house.  I accidentally deleted the photo of his dessert but it was beautiful. The fact he even bothered shows what kind of customer service they have...that's rare these days and it just made me so happy to know that some restaurants are business-smart and still practice great customer service. It's those little things that make you say, "wow, that was awesome they did that!"


 Thai Curry
Onion, potato, carrot, green pepper, coconut milk, curry paste. Plus chicken.
 
The food was delicious and beyond flavorful. I asked the owner how they made the food taste so full of flavor. She said they used fresh ingredients, most organic, and made everything to order. I only had two words for her..."Yum-my"

Find them-
Online:       http://www.bentodiner.com/index.html
In person:  2315 West Kenosha Street, Broken Arrow, OK 74012 (71st Street)
Bento Asian Diner on Urbanspoon
 

No comments :

Post a Comment