Translate

Sunday, December 22, 2013

Bruhouse Grill in Broken Arrow...Stay Hungry My Friends :-)

 

Bruhouse Grill in Broken Arrow...Stay Hungry My Friends :-)



    





 
                                                                  



      
     Ah, the Bruhouse Grill, how I've missed you so!!  This is owned and operated by ONE of the former owners of the Bruhouse Bar & Grill that was once on Brookside, Travis Bruton. He's one of my favorite people and I'm so happy to see he's relocated, relaunched and doing great.



     I picked my dinner guest up from school and the first thing she said was, "I'm hungry!".  So I told her I'd take her to see my old friend Travis at his new restaurant.  This place is HUGE. Has plenty of restaurant space on one side and through another room is a HUGE bar area with extra booths in addition to the large, beautiful bar.  He's already granted me a future interview at which I'll take plenty of indoor photos.  For now, let's move on to the food, shall we?  

     We ordered sweet potato fries for starters, my Tessa Bear had not EVER tried sweet potato fries so we decided to give 'em a whirl.  They were DEEE-lish!  They were fried perfectly, not too greasy, crispy on the outside, fluffy on the inside and sprinkled/fried with rosemary.
  
     Next, I ordered the lobster ravioli, which comes with a side and I chose a small Caesar salad.  My lil guest ordered off the kids' menu (as she should, she just turned 6) and opted for cheeseburger and house fries, of which I sampled the tiniest amount of each.


     The dressing on the caesar salad was delicious and lettuce was crips and fresh.  The pasta was thick and cooked to perfection, sauce was flavorful.  The house made fries were also cooked just right, not soggy, and salted to perfection and the cheeseburger was yummy and satisfying.  Service was pretty good, and friendly as expected at any of Travis' establishments.  

     I really didn't experience any downside, except that I live on Cherry St. and I sure wish this place was there rather than Broken Arrow. But I am glad that Broken Arrow has a cool little joint like this. It's family oriented, yet looks like it could be fun with adult beverages on a date night out.  Downtown Broken Arrow is being renovated and I love the quaint small-town feel.  If you don't have a positive experience at Bruhouse Grill, give it a chance...after all, a new place usually needs a good six months to get it down right.  
    
 




     Look at this happy face...she had crayons, good food, eh hem, awesome company, and a great time all around :-) 
 






Bruhouse Grill on Urbanspoon

No comments :

Post a Comment