Translate

Monday, May 26, 2014

Polo Grill...Rich Food, Rich Taste



     It's been YEARS since I've visited the Polo Grill. A staple in Tulsa's Utica Square, it was nice to revisit, recall and rejoice in the flavors! :-)
     And my date...(this was our FIRST date), soon realized what it means to eat out in the company of a foodie with a blog.  I think there was a hint of embarrassment when I pulled out my Canon, but he got over it and even adjusted his plate so I could get a great shot...yep, he's real catch!

     My date decided to start off with the Oven Roasted Tomato Bisque...it looked amazing, so I took a sample with my spoon, only after he offered. He gets me, which makes him even more awesome.
 Oven Roasted Tomato Bisque- $8

     Next, he ordered the Chef's Grilled Salmon, with sauteed seasonal vegetables, aged balsamic charred roma tomato, and lemon caper gremolata.
Chef's Grilled Salmon-$17

     I opted for the Grilled Salmon Salad with grilled asparagus, Yukon Gold potatoes, Kalamata olives, and field greens. I had mine served up minus the Yukon Gold potatoes. This salad is typically served with chilled salmon so I liked that they asked me if I wanted the salmon hot or cold. I had mine hot...so glad I did. You could taste the buttery, flaky, richness of the salmon as it melted in my mouth. I don't think it would've been as tasty served up cold.
Grilled Salmon Salad-$15

     The food was great, the service a little rocky in the beginning. Our server approached us and after making us wait  a bit, he acted irritated when we took our time. I mean, we were on a date, that was obvious. I was like, DUDE, please!  Not sure if he was having a bad day but he ended becoming more patient and friendly before it was all said and done. Service itself is amazing. You never go without water in your glass or an empty beverage.

     I'm excited to go back for a dinner date...hopefully with the same person ;-) Bon appetit!

Polo Grill on Urbanspoon

No comments :

Post a Comment