Translate

Sunday, September 14, 2014

The Pint Pub and Grill...Where the Food is a Gallon of Goodness!


     The Pint, located in the former "White Owl" location, is a welcomed local eatery in Tulsa.  Not only because it's NOT a chain but because the food is what we Tulsa foodies have come to love and expect from local Tulsa restaurants. 




     My brother and I decided to venture out and try The Pint Pub and Grill as it has only been opened for a little over a month.  I'm so glad we did.  You can tell this food is made fresh and the selection of beer and wine rivals our local top restaurants. Not to mention the mixology going on behind the bar.

     My brother ordered the Delirium Tremens.  While that's the actual name of the creamy beer, according to Bar Manager Dylan Eaton, Delirium Tremens is actually a condition that can occur when you stop drinking alcohol after a period of heavy drinking...especially if you don't eat enough food.  I found it interesting as I did tasty!  Dylan Eaton came to The Pint Pub and Grill after a short stint at Hodges Bend.  He was there long enough to get excellent training in the mixology of spirits/liquor fusions.  His excitement and passion for their Fall cocktail list got me excited! He said they'll be mid-level fusions and one on the list will be a Bourbon Smash. Being a whisky girl myself, well, it made me giddy, warm and fuzzy all at the same time :-D


     I actually ordered the pinot noir...I just forgot to write down which one. But it was very good.


     We started with the Spinach Artichoke dip.  It was tasty, but really, REALLY heavy on the cream cheese so a little less would've made it better. Maybe half cream cheese a little sour cream to cut through the richness.  I think some people may like that, it's just a matter of taste.



     Next, my brother ordered the Corn Chowder. It's comprised of corn, potatoes, carrots, celery and bacon, all pureed into a silky cream decadence and topped with avocado cream and corn tortilla strips. I had a bite...it was creamy and silky tastiness.


     My brother was hungry, because he also ordered the Fish and Chips. I know, before you start thinking "oh great, another pub and grill serving up fish and chips, how original." This was no ordinary fish and chips.  It's PBR battered cod, served with fresh cut thick fries, a house made tarter that tasted like delectable homemade mayo. It was also served with grilled lemon.  Besides the pleasantly light and NON greasy batter and the luscious tarter sauce, it was the size of the cod that made this the best I've ever had. You know those fish and chips where there is more crust than fish? Yeah, that wasn't like this AT ALL!!! The cod was a plenty, delicate, flaky and enticing with just the right light crunch of the batter.  It was absolutely wicked tasty goodness. 



     It's simple really, the food is good because this pub and grill is a gastropub. There's an actual chef's menu with daily house-made evertying... not just line cooks frying and heating frozen foods.  The chef is Andres Camacho, who was trained at Le Cordon Bleu Institute of Culinary Arts in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, and moved to Tulsa about six years ago.  I'm glad he did. This place is cool and trendy as it is delicious. Friendly atmosphere with a knowledgeable staff. Visit this hot spot...eat, drink and be merry. Cheers!

The Pint on Urbanspoon

No comments :

Post a Comment