Translate

Sunday, October 5, 2014

Stonehorse Cafe and Market: Straight Forward, Fresh, Mouthwatering Eats.


     It's been at least ten years since I've been to the Stonehorse Cafe and Market. I hate that I let so much time pass between visits. To say the food is phenomenal is to say the least. I HATE that I forgot to bring my "good" camera. Thank goodness the food stood on it's own with my phone camera :-)



     My date suggested eating dinner that night at a place that I've never been to. I told him I wanted to revisit Stonehorse. By the way, I love a guy that has impeccable taste in food :-)

        He ordered the Long Island Duck...and of course, he gave me a taste. Ah, when someone just knows what to do on a date with a foodie. It's the best!  

 Grilled Long Island Duck Breast, Duck Sausage, Spicy Shimp Risotto- $24


     It was packed aroma and pure essence of each individual flavor. You could taste the richness of the risotto, but it was balanced with it's spiciness. The sauteed spinach and most flavorful, tender duck breast just made this a dish that made you grateful to be a foodie who appreciates dishes like these.
     

           I ordered the Shaved Brussels Sprout Salad...wow. Amazing fresh flavor, but not ordinary, more like flavor x's 10. I also added the Pan Roasted Scottish King Salmon...you know when you get that fish protein that's got a great crisp on the outside and just soft, falling apart flakiness on the inside? Yeah, that was going on with this salmon.



Shaved Brussels Sprout Salad, Roasted Hazelnuts, Brown Butter Vinaigrette- $8.50
Plus added Pan Roasted Scottish King Salmon- +$9



     The Sous Chef and line cook were having a great time in the kitchen. Everyone from the hostesses to the servers and kitchen staff were friendly and accommodating.  



     I even got permission to take a snapshot of this food creative talent, Chef Tim Inman. He was gettin' busy but honored me with a pic pause for my blog.  I mean, how does one ask a chef of this stature to pose for a photo, belonging to a blogger who is essentially a nobody? Thank goodness I have no fear to ask thanks to my real day job as an account executive.
Chef Tim Inman, owner/chef of Stonehorse Cafe and Market

     Wonder if he'd allow me to do an indepth interview about his food, his inspiration and dare I ask about his musical tastes? One foodie/music junkie can dream, yes? 

     If you've never been or if it's been way too long since your last visit to Stonehorse Cafe and Market...get your taste buds down there pronto. Bon appetit!

Stonehorse Café on Urbanspoon

No comments :

Post a Comment