Translate

Sunday, November 3, 2013

Doc's Wine & Food, JUST What the Doctor Ordered ;-)





I've been here literally, a thousand times and have yet to blog on this cozy wine and food restaurant.It does have a New Orleans feel, from the lighting at night to the oysters on the half shell...c'est si bon!






     Doc's is a bit of a staple in the Brookside district in Tulsa.  With a talented chef and amazing wine selection, it's no wonder this place is so popular.  It's warm and friendly, with a GREAT cozy atmosphere whether it's spring, summer, fall or winter.  

     A good sign a restaurant will be top notch is when the owner is present with sleeves rolled up and not only working, but involved in the day to day business. Customers are made to feel like they're the most special ones.  Even though they have a killer wine and beer list, and their signature cocktails enticing as they are, the food is still the star.

     My friend and I (hi Michael) just met up for a glass of wine, but ended up ordering amazing food.  You know how it works, when you eat with me, we have to share and swap bites :-D  He ordered the filet atop the most delicious mashed potatoes I've ever had. 

     The demi glace was so balanced with the flavors of the meat juices and veal stock...mouth is watering as I type.  The filet was perfectly cooked, juicy, tender on the inside and seared perfect on the outside...with that outer thin salty crispy meat.
6 oz Oklahoma Filet Mignon hericot vert, whipped potatoes, bacon butter & demi glace $29


      I had the Grilled Sea Scallops, with gratinee, goat cheese and port syrup.  I know, port syrup, with scallops?  I was kind of nervous and thought, no way is that gonna taste good. I only read that AFTER I had already ordered it.  It's okay though...it actually worked well with the goat cheese and gratinee atop the portabella. It was super good.  Silly me, guess I need to trust the chefs more.

Grilled Sea Scallops roasted portabella, gratinee, goat cheese, port syrup $20


Tuna Tartare spinach, red onion, avocado, jalapeno creme fraiche & wontons $15




Doc's Char-Grilled Oysters  clarified butter, romano & parmesan  $11


     Docs Wine & Food is just perfect all the way around, from atmosphere, to food, service...all of it.  It's hard as a foodie to stay away. If I didn't have a passion for trying new things, this would be my every night place to go (it used to be, prior to launching my blog).    Santé!

Doc's Wine & Food on Urbanspoon


No comments :

Post a Comment