Translate

Thursday, August 21, 2014

Villa Ravenna...the Godfather of REAL Italian Cuisine!

Villa Ravenna, celebrating over FIVE years in Tulsa, it's no wonder reservations MUST be made to get a table...especially on a Friday or Saturday night!

     I took one of my favorite "couple" clients to dinner at this authentic Italian eatery. I didn't choose this, they did. Why? Because it's their "go to" Italian restaurant in Tulsa.  And they know Italian food because the husband of this dynamic duo is from Italy.

    As we walked into the restaurant, being that my clients frequent Villa Ravenna quite often, we were greeted by the owner, Sergio Orioli. He and my client began the greetings and short conversation in Italian as we were led into the dining room to our table. I completely left the ordering up to my clients... who quite frankly, I now consider friends. They ordered well.  

     We started with the Prosciutto Wrapped Figs, drizzled with a sweet balsamic vinegar, then topped with gorgonzola cheese then baked and topped off with a crunchy walnut.  So good!!


     Next, we had the Cantaloupe and Prosciutto. Fresh cantaloupe, draped with prosciutto and a sprig of mint. Simple but delicious.     


     Next, was the main course. I was going to order the Veal Piccata but it was suggested I order the Veal Parmigiana.  You know when you see movies, and the setting is in an Italian restaurant or eating Italian food and the food looks phenomenal...yeah, that's so what this tasted like.  The sauce was fresh, not heavy but PACKED with flavor.  It was savory, and deep, deep umaminess.  The homemade pasta was exceptional to say the least. Everything tasted like you would EXPECT Italian food to taste like...only, I've never experienced anything quite like this in Tulsa.  


     And for desert, in addition to the lemoncello liquor...excuse me HOUSE-MADE lemoncello liquor, we indulged in a lemoncello moist, tart yet sweet slice of heaven. Heaven I say!


       Below is the photo of the lemoncello in the making...it's a beautiful site, isn't it?
  

     The service rivals Tulsa's TOP restaurants, the atmosphere is pure romance...okay, it's down right sexy. I literally felt for a brief moment that I was in an Italian restaurant in Italy. No joke.  Next time you crave real, AUTHENTIC Italian cuisine, get yourself to Villa Ravenna, hidden elegantly in a corner in the Farm Shopping Center at 51st & Sheridan. Cent Anni e Salute!

Villa Ravenna on Urbanspoon







No comments :

Post a Comment