Translate

Monday, September 9, 2013

Prhyme: Downtown Steakhouse...Nuff Said. Okay, I Have More to Say :-) Read On!

 
Okay, I'm pretty sure I need a church choir to sing Hallelujah for this one...

My sister and brother-in-law treated me to a restaurant that has been on my wishlist for sometime now. This was such an awesome night. From the atmosphere, to the wine list, food and the company.

When we arrived, we were greeted at the door by not only the door person, but the hostess AND the chef. Chef Ramiro Herrera is one of my local favorites. I met him some time ago through a mutual friend when I stopped in at Duke's Southern Kitchen in south Tulsa. Chef Justin Thompson, owner and chef of Prhyme Steakhouse made a good choice in choosing Chef Herrera.

Prhyme's describes it's establishment as an upscale, modern interpretation of an American steakhouse. There were four in our party and Jennifer, our server (more like maître d') took extremely good care of us. We were pampered (even our purses had little sitting stools so they didn't touch the floor).

We started with some cocktails and red wine...I love me some wine, but I need to get to the food already, seriously.

For the first plates, we initiated our palates with the Blue Crab Bake and Fried Escargots...I've never had fried escargots but I can tell you, fried is the way to go! Next we had the Bleu Iceberg Salad. Okay, feast your eyes on the food pics below.
 The Blue Crab Bake Puff Pastry, Béchamel, Wild Mushrooms

Fried Escargots
White Wine Butter Poached, Buttermilk Fried, Herbed Lemon Aioli

Bleu Iceberg Salad
Crisp Iceberg Lettuce, Bleu Cheese Dressing, Grape Tomatoes,
Cucumber, Applewood Smoked Bacon

OH! M! GEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!

 My gorgeous sister, uh, not on the menu ;-)

Next, two members of our party ordered the seared salmon filet, another ordered the American grass-fed filet, and I had the 30 day dry aged bone-in rib-eye. Grab a snack, for you WILL BE HUNGRY by the time you are finished reading this blog.


 Seared Salmon Filet
Jumbo Lump Crab, Watercress & Basil Salad, Horseradish Cream

American Grass-Fed Tenderloin Filet / 9 oz



30 Day Dry Aged Bone-In Rib-Eye /14 oz with Foie Gras Butter...FOIE GRAS BUTTER!!

I can't even begin to describe the flavors...oh the BEEFY FLAVOR of the meat!! You haven't had steak, until you've had 30 day dry aged beef. I've seen it on cooking shows, I've heard about it from fellow foodies, but never experienced it for myself until this night. And they season it with salt and pepper only, so that the meat exposes it's own, natural flavors. Savory, beefy-ness...yum.

The sides are served "family-style" so we all agreed on asparagus and potatoes, which were not on the menu...they were potatoes au grats/gratin. They were delish...and the asparagus was not your ordinary, of course. 

 Kristen’s 7 Minute Asparagus w/Fried Egg & Gruyere

And, everyone dug into the potatoes before I could get a good shot, so, you get a close-up of the creamy, cheesy, goodness.

Potatoes Au Grats

The chef complimented us with this decadent, chocolate, spoonful of velvety heaven.


Seriously good eats and wonderful time all around. Jennifer, Chef Herrera, thanks for the great experience that is Prhyme: Downtown Steakhouse.



PRHYME: Downtown Steakhouse on Urbanspoon

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Archive