Translate

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Mangiamo Food Truck: I Eat, You Eat, We EAT...Meatball Sandwich.





Yes, I sort of knew I was gonna go for Mangiamo. I mean, I've missed them the last two times I went looking for them, why wouldn't I choose them?  I was in the mood for Italian and the line was not long. Guess people don't know what they're missing out on!






 
I'm the kind of foodie that doesn't take long to order, not really. I mean, especially when it comes to food trucks. My eyes will fixate on a menu item and that's the one I go with. The service was like speed-lightening, the total was $7 for sandwich AND drink. But the best part, was the taste.




This go around, I chose the meatball sandwich. I know, shocker! But it makes sense, doesn't it? To choose a classic, Italian food truck item? I was so glad I did :-P Yum.


I don't really know where to start...these flavors of the sauce and the meatballs are unbelievable. The meatballs were savory...I can't find the actual menu anywhere online and I didn't have time for a quick interview. But the meatballs tasted of pork and beef, maybe veal? Not sure on the veal but definitely tasted of pork and beef. 

The sauce was even more savory or "umami". Umami is one of the five basic tastes, (together with sweet, sour, bitter and salty). You can get "umami" from ripe, flavorful tomatoes which are loaded with umami. The best way to describe Mangiamo's sauce is fresh, pure, ripe and flavorful tomato sauce. It's rich in taste without losing it's natural tomato flavor. It tastes so good because Mangiamo doesn't "cover-up" the natural flavor of the tomato in their sauce but they enhance it, as it should be.  Next time you're in the mood for pure, authentic Italian, look them up on Facebook to see where they're gonna be... buon appetito!


 

 

Mangiamo on Urbanspoon

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Archive