Translate

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Pita Place Mediterranean Grill...True Heros with the Gyros and So Much More!!




Even though I plan on returning with my "good" camera and a larger appetite, I had to blog on this wonderful, tasteful and moist falafel gyro (pita sandwich). 





     I just happened to be in Bixby and saw the restaurant. It's quite hidden but boy was I happy I did. I've seen their food truck down at Guthrie Green on Food Truck Wednesdays, but had yet to try this Mediterranean delight.  I ordered the Falafel Gyro, which is filled with lightly fried patties of well seasoned ground garbanzo beans, tahini sauce, and topped with fresh lettuce, onions and tomatoes...I think I even tasted the traditional pickles in there. OMG...the falafel is moist, not dry, the pita bread is soft and warm AND the price is right.
 Falafel Vegetarian Pita- w/ lightly fried seasoned ground garbanzo beans, tahini sauce, pickles, lettuce, tomato and onion...delish! $5.79

 


     The owners, a husband and wife team, were very sweet and friendly, as this is a LOCALLY owned family restaurant. They actually have a buffet Mon-Sun from 11a-2p.

     I'll never understand how people can NOT decipher the difference between chain restaurants vs. locally owned...can you NOT TASTE THE FRESHNESS?!! :-D   Located just east of the Starbucks on the corner of 111th and Memorial, it's a little bit hidden, but so worth the find! 
بون ابيتى!
Καλή σας όρεξη! OR
bon appetit!


Pita Place Mediterranean Grill on Urbanspoon

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Archive