Translate

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Fresh Ahi Tuna Tartare by TrueFoodie

This was my lunch today...if you're a sushi lover like me, you will love this fast and easy recipe. I've been making it for a few years now and it's my favorite, hands down. I usually like it topped with spicy mayo (mayo and Sriracha) but as I've mentioned before, I'm on a mission to drop 60 pounds, 30 by May so, no spicy mayo for me.


Ingredients
1 lb Ahi Tuna
1/4 cup Tamari Soy Sauce
1 tbsp sesame oil
1 tbsp hot chili oil
1 tsp Sriracha
1/2 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp wasabi powder
Pinch of sea salt 
1/4 cup of scallions
1/4 cup of cilantro (optional)

 
Directions
Dice and roughly mince tuna and set aside. In a small bowl, whisk all liquid ingredients, add the wasabi powder, salt, and pepper. Pour liquid mixture over tuna and mix in well with a fork until it resembles meatball mixture. Stir in scallions and cilantro if you opt to use cilantro. Garnish with additional scallions and cilantro. 

Option:Serve with a serving of crostini (4 slices), it only has 44 calories and it adds a delicious crunchy texture with each bite.

Recipe yields 4- 4oz servings (or approximately four 1/2 cup servings) 
160 calories per serving  4 carbs   3 fat grams   26 protein grams







No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Archive